08/15/07 (Open until filled)
Brief summary of duties:
Hands On Video Relay Services (HOVRS) is seeking candidates to be responsible for educating and training customers within their respective regions. A HOVRS Representative will educate and train customers on how to set up and use HOVRS features, options and various services. Tasks will also include; researching upcoming marketing events, participating in community events such as school or social gatherings. While at such events, the HOVRS Representative will provide attendees with information about HOVRS and our services. They will also be responsible for collecting data and information from these local events to be used within the marketing and outreach departments at HOVRS. Additionally, the HOVRS Representative will assist the marketing team in setting up booths at trade shows, schools and various events. The Representative may also be responsible for assisting Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing customers in setting up video products in their home; such as web cams, D-Link, i-Sight, and box top receivers. Training these new customers on how to place a video relay call through HOVRS will also be conducted by the HOVRS Representative.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Technical experience in the area of residential firewalls/routers is beneficial but not required
- PC and Macintosh troubleshooting experience are beneficial but not required.
- Fluent in ASL
- Previous telephone and written communication skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be used to develop and improve lasting relations with customers
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer care focused
- Ability to work as a team player
- Demonstrate willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet customer's needs.
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Keynote presentation software preferred.
Hands On Video Relay Services, Inc.
Attn: Norman Chan
595 Menlo Drive
Rocklin, CA 95765
If you know of any other listing services that will work with the deaf, please
send them to me at:
We will list them here free of charge.
Hello! For job listings in Alabama, please visit the career center at
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind, www.aidb.org/careers.asp
AIDB.org Site Manager
Visit AIDB.org, the country's most
comprehensive source for education,
rehabilitation and services for people
with vision or hearing loss.